Monday, November 5, 2012

Rio Acari Marmoset

Rio Acari Marmoset
Latin name: Mico Acariensis
I should have looked at how much information there was on this animal before I drew it... But I didn't so here is some information on it! They were found in 2000 that is most likely why there is very little information on them. They were found in Brazil. This is the only place they are found. They are on the threatened list of animals. SO hopefully they will grow in numbers! They are about 8 inches tall. That is pretty small for a primate! That's basically all the information I could find on this mammal. Here is my drawing: I think this guy is pretty cute! Ha ha! He is funny looking! Hope you like it! Thanks,
Coco

3 comments:

Ted Slampyak said...

I this he's cute too, Coco! And I do like it!

He was just found in 2000? It's amazing that there are still animals out there that are being discovered. You'd think by now we'd seen everything, but there's probably a lot more out there to find.

Thanks for the great post!

Jennifer K. said...

Only 8 inches tall! That is pretty small. I like the facial expression you gave this one.

Coco said...

Yeah he is it is pretty small! Thank you mom!
Daddy, Yeah they were just barely found isn't that crazy?